Java Backend Developer (w/m/d)
HUM Systems GmbH develops software and hardware products in the field of IoT, which offer an essential added value to everyday life through security and comfort. HUM Systems GmbH has successfully established itself in the German smart home market since mid-2018. We produce a multi-sensory smart home device named Livy Protect and its associated platform Livy. We are looking for a motivated Java Developer who is passionate about innovation, invigorates our team with her/his skills, and is willing to help design the future with us.
- As a member of our Scrum team, you will develop our IoT platform using state-of-the-art software technologies
- You will translate technical requirements into technical concepts and develop the system architecture with the team
- You will work according to the principles of Clean Code, implement test driven code using state-of-the-art technologies and design patterns
- You will work on the planning and implementation of new features as well as the refactoring of legacy code and write automated tests for quality assurance
What we expect from you
- University degree (master's or diploma) in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience in softwaredevelopment
- Experience working with agile software development methods
- Good command of Git
- Excellent analytical skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technologies and IT-solutions
- Team and result-oriented working morale
- Be capable of working on your own initiative and assume responsibility for your work
- Be fluent in English
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to participate in the development of innovative IoT products that enrich our daily lives.
- With our flexible working hours, you can create your own day
- Our teamwork is organised according to agile development methods that offer you plenty of room for initiative
- A pleasant working atmosphere is important to us, that's why you can expect friendly colleagues who will take you by the hand from day one in our onboarding process
- "Flat hierarchies" means direct communication with the managing director and quick decisions in the teams
If you are interested, please send us your application including curriculum vitae, certificates and references. Don't forget to state your salary expectations and let us know when you would like to join us.